Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 35th birthday.  It didn't start out that great.  Larissa was wide awake most of the night, which means I was up with her trying to keep her from waking up the rest of the house.  I don't know what was up.  She is on a new medicine to finally get rid of this cold virus she's had for over 6 weeks.  The doctor said the medicine could alter her personality, her appetite, make her hyper, all sorts of lovely side effects.  Apparently it altered her sleeping habits.  She's usually a great sleeper.  Last night from about midnight until 4am she was wired.  i had only gone to bed about an hour before this all started, and then after 4am when I thought I might be able to get some sleep, she was up again at 5:30, 6 and then 6:30.  That's when i just gave up and got in the shower.  It was a rough day, but at least day care wise, it was an easy day.  I only had the twins.  After I dropped Skylar and Larissa off at school, I fed the twins their breakfast and then they went down for morning naps.  I was able to clean a bit, go through our luggage again, and sit down to relax for a bit before going to get the girls.  After lunch, we played with the babies for an hour, then they went down for afternoon naps.  Skylar and Larissa were pretty happy just playing and I tried to stay awake.  There was about an hour where Larissa was super crabby, but I couldnt blame her.  She's got to be really tired too.  i just tried hard to keep my calm.  i managed to get through the whole day without yelling once.  That's hard when I'm also very tired and cranky. 

On John's way home he stopped and bought me a birthday cake and some diet coke.  I drank more than I should have today because I was trying to stay awake.  Here is my cake. 

Don't mind my hair.  I didn't have a chance to blow it dry this morning so it's kind of flat. 

Skylar enjoying my cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment