Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dog Park

We took the dog to the dog park today.  We werent sure how he would do, but he did well.  He even came 3 times when John called him.  Larissa was very hesitant at first.  We stayed outside the fence at first until the dogs cleared the gate.  Then she said she wanted to go in.  At first I had to hold her but then she got down.  She would get a bit scared when a pack of dogs would come by, but she did well.  We made it halfway around when Diesel was already back towards the gate so we turned around to head back.  Rissy asked me to pick her up again.  I took one step and my foot slipped off the path.  It was a slow motion fall.  I couldn't get my footing, I knew I was going down and I had Rissy in my arms.  Somehow I managed to transfer her to my other arm, used my knee to stop the fall and then landed on my hand while gently putting Rissy on the ground on her butt.  It was so smooth I don't even think she knew we were falling.  I ended up scraping my knee a bit and hurting my wrist, but Larissa was unhurt.  That's all that counts. 

Here are some pictures of the park.  Diesel is the biggest dog there.  Skylar just ran off with him and was always surrounded by dogs.  She was in heaven.  We would have stayed longer if it wasnt so cold.





getting ready to play fetch

Diesel in motion


Yes Rissy is willingly walking the dog. 

We took Diesel to the park again today.  Larissa did even better this time.  I think the dog park is really helping with her fear of the dog.  Even at home she's on the floor much more than she was earlier in the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment