Monday, August 20, 2012

Last day of summer vacation (for Skylar)

today was Skylar's last day before starting kindergarten.  I can't believe it's time.  I've done my best over the last almost 6 years to prepare her for this time.  I'm sending her out into the big bad world and I won't be there to protect her.  Preschool wasn't this hard because it was a more intimate setting.  I felt her teachers genuinely cared for the kids.  There were times when Skylar would get sad and Ms. Geraldine would sit with her in the big rocking chair and comfort her.  This made me feel good that there was someone else there for her when I couldn't be.  Now she's going to be in a big school.  She will have to comfort herself for the most part. 

anyway, today I didn't have any kids until noon so i packed up our sand toys and took the girls to the beach.  Problem was the beach was closed.  We then went to the park to play.  They ended up digging in the wood chips and then playing.  We met a little boy there who will be in her kindergarten class (what are the odds?)  When they were ready to leave we drove by the beach again and it was open so we went down and played in the sand for a while.  They had a blast.  They were quite dirty but who cares.  All that matters was that they were having the time of their lives on this last day of vacation. 

digging in the woodchips


finally at the beach





then tonight Skylar and I went to see her classroom, put her supplies away and meet her teacher.  Here she is in front of her locker.  I forgot to get a picture of her at her desk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment