Thursday, January 26, 2012

learning sight words and letters

So, a lot of my friends are on this new sight called Pinterest.  I decided to check it out.  While it is sort of neat and I've gotten some cute ideas from it, I don't see it as addicting like a lot of my friends do.  That being said, one of the things I DID get from it was an idea for helping the girls learn new things.  There was a picture of a little boy driving his cars on a white poster board with words on it.  The idea is to have the child park their cars on the right space.  Flash cards are boring, but I thought this might be a little more interested.  I was going to try and make it like a board game, maybe print out picture cards of some of the words, or figure out something for the sight words.  For Larissa I made a board of all the letters, upper and lower case.  I think I may have made it too cluttered though and I may try to redo it on 2 different boards, one with upper case and one with lower case.  I've been trying, but this child will not learn her letters.  Maybe this will entice her a little.  Here are the boards I made today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment