Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Roller Skating

This past weekend Skylars Daisy troup had their annual roller skating party.  All the girl scout troups in the area attend.  There were probably 300 girls there.  Skylar has never been on roller skates in her life. 

When I was around 2 -3 years old, my mom took me to Mainstreet USA, our local roller rink.  Our grade school had a yearly roller skating party, and this was the first time I was brought along.  (my sister and brother were in grade school by this time)  My mom put some roller skates on me, not sure what would happen.  Apparently I had no fear and I took off.  My mom said people were amazed to see this small child zipping around the roller rink.  I don't quite remember THAT trip, but I do remember being very young and zipping around that roller rink faster than 90% of the people there.  I don't remember a time when I was not comfortable on roller skates. 

Skylar does not have that talent.  ha ha.  She spent a LOT of time on her dupah, but she laughed the entire time.  She loved every minute of her roller skating adventure, except for 2 falls.  Once she fell and hit her knee and elbow but after a 3 minute cry fest and rest, she was ready to get back out there.  Another time she fell backwards and strained her shoulder, but got right back up.  (she hasn't complained since so she didn't really get hurt)  The rest of the time she either scooted along in the practice area and she even ventured into the big rink a few times. 

I couldn't get any good pictures of the front of her.  She was always moving or I couldn't get in front of her due to the number of people always around.  Don't mind the butt crack shots.  Her pants kept falling down and we kept hiking them back up. 


Skylar and her friend Lily from the bus stop



and some video










No comments:

Post a Comment