Monday, September 12, 2011

the new Family Room

Well, since I am down 2 day care kids (the Powers have moved) and I haven't found a replacement yet, my days have been a bit slower.  Today the girls had school in the morning and I only had the twins.  They both went down for naps right away and slept right until I had to pick up the girls, so I did a bit of cleaning and rearranging.  I decided that since the weather will be changing soon, I would bring the picnic table, basketball hoop and slide in from outside.  I also brought in some of the little riding toys (mostly for Dexter and Mackenzie to use) I rearranged the downstairs a bit and made different areas.  A kitchen and home area, baby area, fun area (with the hoop, slide and pirate table) and then the pretend play area with all the little people houses and sets, and the train table. 








Now I need to make Lisa's Rules and hang them on the wall.  I am getting tired of always cleaning up after they make a mess (the older kids to help but I still end up doing a majority of it) and the oldest two keep claiming they forget the rules every day.  If I have them posted, the 7 year old cant say he didn't know what they are, he can read (not to mention it's been the same rules for the 2 years he's been here)  I will make the posters tomorrow when Skylar is in school, before the oldest two get here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment