Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Swim lessons part 2

The girls had their second class this past Sunday.  I was a little apprehensive about bringing Larissa with how she acted the week before.  We did take the girls swimming Friday night and worked on some skills.  Both girls had a blast.  Skylar is doing really well and almost swimming a little on her own.  She can go about 2 lengths before sinking.  Larissa just likes to bounce up and down.  So Saturday night Larissa kept telling us she did not want to go to lessons.  She just likes to swim with us.  Sunday morning she had tears in her eyes, but she went.  She even took the instructors hand and walked down the ramp into the water without protest.  I stayed over on her end for a little bit, but she kept looking for me, so I went over by Skylar and John stayed with Larissa again.  Larissa did much better.  No crying, and she even participated a bit.  I saw her kicking her feet and playing Ring Around the Rosie.  She started to get a little sad so the instructor had them form a choo choo train and they went by Skylar's class.  I even saw a small smile on Larissa's face as they swam by with their noodles.  After lessons she even said she had fun.  This week they go on Saturday.  I hope She does as well, or even better this weekend. 



here comes the choo-choo train

No comments:

Post a Comment