Monday, August 22, 2011

first day of preschool

It's official, both girls are in preschool now.  I was a little leary of drop off today for several reasons.  First off, Larissa is really shy and attached to me.  When we went for orientation it took a lot to get her to leave my side.  Secondly, I had to take my two girls, along with 2 four month old infants and a 19 month old with me.  I spent an hour Sunday trying to figure out just how I was going to get them all in the car the easiest.  I ended up putting a car seat in the middle of the way back, and then a backless booster on either side.  Larissa should be in a highback booster or a harness still, but I couldn't fit her seat back there, so for the 3 blocks to preschool, I decided a backless booster was better than putting her in the front seat (in her car seat with the air bag off) Then the twins go in the captains chairs in the middle.  Their seats can be used without a base, just secured with the seat belt, so before I put them in, I flip the seat down, get the kids buckled in the way back, then flip the seat back up and put the twins in.  Same thing with taking them out.  The twins come out first and the I flip the seat down to get Dexter out.  Skylar can get herself and Larissa out.  It's not fun, but it's doable. 

So last night I didn't sleep well.  I actually had a nightmare and woke up sweating and shaking around 12:30.  It took me until almost 2 to get back to sleep.  Then the girls were up at 7 jumping with excitement.  This morning they got dressed in their nice outfits.  I had a skirt picked out for both girls, but Larissa insisted on her fishy shorts.  She absolutely loves these shorts and wants to wear them every day.  Skylar wore the outfit I picked out and then wore her new flip flops.  (sketchers light up flip flops!!) Larissa wore her sketchers croc-like sandals.  Drop off went well.  John came with me for Rissy's first day.  We were expecting some drama, but instead she ran right in, found a baby doll and never looked back.  Skylar also ran in, found some friends from last year and that was it. 

When I went to pick them up, Larissa came running right to me saying, momma, momma, we went outside!!!!  I asked her what else she did and she said, they let me paint!!  I paint you a pretty picture momma.  She didn't bring it home yet, but I can't wait to see it.  It was still drying and then sometimes they hang the artwork up for a week or so before letting them bring it home.  Skylar was still with her group in the back so Larissa went to get her.  She also said she had a great time.  She also got to play outside in the sand (her favorite) and she got to practice cutting. 

After lunch and rest time, (Larissa did NOT nap, and Skylar just colored with Alexia) I asked them if they made any friends today.  Skylar made friends with Maya, Jack, Olivia and Brayden (I think, she also called him Aiden) Larissa made friends with Banana.  Yep, I kept asking her and she kept telling me Banana, finally she said, no momma, beanna.  I'm thinking she means Brianna or something similar.  I'll look tomorrow at the sign in sheet and see if there is a Brianna there. 

So there you have it.  The loved their first day and can't wait to go back.  Skylar goes tomorrow but Larissa said it's ok that she isn't going.  She wants to stay home with me.  She does want to go back the next day though. 

Here are their first day of school pictures. 

looking so very tall and grown up!!

she is excited about school, but didn't want her picture taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment