Friday, August 26, 2011

train table

It was fate today.  I have been looking at train tables for the girls for a while now, but they're so expensive.  Even just a wooden table with no tracks in it can go for $60-$80 dollars.  The tables with the tracks (either molded in or just sitting on the table) can go from $120-$300.  So I usually have to take the twins and Dexter with me to drop the girls off at school on Friday's.  Well, this morning Dexters moms alarm didn't go off so I didn't get him until after we got back.  On the way to school I saw a train table sitting by the curb, with a FREE sign on it.  I dropped the girls off at school and went back to look at the table.  It is in great condition, just a wooden table with trees and water painted on it, but it was free!!  Since I didn't have Dexter with me, I was able to take the car seat out of the way back, put the seats down and put the table in.  So I got it home ok (had to bungie the door down since the table stuck out just a bit, but it was just about 15 houses down the street), got it downstairs and now Dexter is playing cars on it.  The girls will like it.  They can either play blocks or puzzles on it, they can drive cars.  I will now look for a train track set to put on it for christmas.  That shouldn't be too expensive at all.  The girls love playing with the Thomas Train set that is set up at Barnes & Noble so maybe I'll look into buying parts of that set.  I'm so happy I got this table. It's exactly what I was looking for. 

Well, we went out to day and found two small sets for the table.  The girls happily played with it all afternoon.  They just love it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment